- St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., Dean’s List 2015)
- Pace University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Practice Areas
- Michael L. Faltischek And Attorneys Recently Closed On A $102,116,000 Tax Exempt Bond Financing Deal For The Development Of Fountaingate Gardens At Gurwin In Commack, New York.
- RMF Attorney John D. Chillemi Moderated A Panel At Vision Long Islands 19th Annual Smart Growth Summit
- RMF Partner Russell Stern Represents Coram Materials And Its Affiliates In $142 Million Sale to U.S. Concrete
- Standing the Test Of ‘Time Is of the Essence’
John Chillemi is an Associate at Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C., where he is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Department, Land Use and Environment Practice Group and IDA & Municipal Development Incentives Practice Group.
John’s practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing of commercial properties throughout the United States. Specifically, has experience handling “zero net bond leasing” transactions and 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchange transactions. He also represents borrowers and lenders with respect to construction and permanent financing.
In addition to his real estate work, John has experience with land use and zoning transactions, including representation of land developers of various projects ranging from change of zone petitions, variances, municipal hearings and IDA financing.
He is board member of Vision Long Island, whose mission is to promote more livable, economically sustainable and environmentally responsible growth on Long Island through Smart Growth. Additionally, John is a proud member of the Long Island Association’s Young Professionals Committee, which is a diverse group designated by the members of the LIA Board of Directors as the next generation of business leaders.
John is a graduate of St. John’s University School of Law. During law school, he was a Senior Articles Editor of the St. John’s Law Review, where he published The Need for Speed and Judicial Notice: New York’s Admissibility of LIDAR Technology in Law Enforcement, in 2015. He was the recipient of the Vincent J. Crowe ‘47L and James J. Crowe ‘54CBA Scholarship, as well as Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Writing and Analysis Recipient.
John is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and the State of New Jersey.
Back to Directory Print