Alexander Bateman’s work primarily involves representing healthcare professionals and companies in the areas of federal and state criminal and regulatory matters, such as Medicare/Medicaid fraud and professional disciplinary proceedings. He is active in developing and implementing corporate compliance programs for hospitals and other healthcare providers. He also works in white-collar criminal defense, including government funded and private insurance fraud and abuse cases.
A partner at Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C., he is co-chair of the firm’s Health Law Regulatory and Transactional Group. He is also the chair of the White Collar Crime and Investigations Group and a member of the Corporate Governance Practice Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Alexander was a trial attorney with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office where he investigated and prosecuted cases in the areas of felony street crimes, organized crime, narcotics, sex crimes and political corruption.
Alexander is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Health Law Section and a former chair of that section’s Committee on Licensed Professionals, the Suffolk County Bar Association and the Suffolk County Criminal Bar Association. He is also a board member and member of the executive committee of the United Way of Long Island.
- Thirty-One Ruskin Moscou Faltischek Attorneys Named As New York Metropolitan Area Super Lawyers For 2022 (Press Releases)
- Navigating The Regulatory Landscape; What Physicians Need to Know – presented to the members of the Nassau County Medical Society (June 2016)
- “Ones to Watch in Law,” Long Island Business News, November 14, 2008.
- “The Coming Wave of Health Care Fraud and Abuse Prosecutions,” New York Law Journal, July 23, 2007.
- “Criminalizing Consulting, Does the USA PATRIOT Act Go Too Far?” Nassau Lawyer, February, 2004)
- “New Laws Double Cost of IDA Bond Issuance Charges; Hospitals Costs Nearly Triple,” Newscast, January 22, 2002.
- “Representing Healthcare Professionals In Misconduct Investigations And Proceedings Part II: Navigating OPD And OPMC Hearings And Appeals: Strategies For Success,” NYSBA, March 3, 2023.
- “THE ABCs of OPMC & NPDB From Reports to Investigations,” May 2021
- “Opioids And Controlled Substances: The Prosecution And Defense Of Physicians And Other Providers In Criminal Cases And Administrative Proceedings,” NYSBA, March 2021.
- Navigating The Regulatory Landscape; What Physicians Must Know (May 2016)
- “Bridging the Gap 2, Making A Smooth Transition,” New York State Bar Association, October 2012.
- “Bridging the Gap,” The New York State Bar Association, September 2011.
- The New York State Office of Medicaid Inspector General (O.M.I.G.), March 2010.
- “Is Your Business Safe? Fraud on Long Island,” February 2010.
- “Stories from the Trenches: How Not to Become the Target of a Governmental Investigation Everything Dental Professionals Should Know About Fraud & Abuse, Enforcement and Professional Discipline Investigations Computer Crime Goes Corporate: A Primer on Electronic Crimes in the Workplace.”