- St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., 2012 Dean’s List)
- The University at Buffalo (B.A., 2008 Dean's List)
- Practice Areas
- RMF Attorney Ross Kartez Promoted to Chair-Elect of the Dispute Resolution Section of New York State Bar Association
- Last Call For Expungement: FINRA’s Rule Increasing the Cost and Burden of Obtaining Expungement Goes into Effect on Sept. 14, 2020
- RMF Attorney Ross Kartez Presents At NCBA’s Program – Anatomy of a Virtual Mediation
- RMF Associate Ross Kartez to Chair CLE Webinar on Effective Representation of Clients in Video Mediation
- Executive Order States COVID-19 Causes Property Loss and Damage
- New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Ohio Propose Legislation Requiring Insurers to Pay Business Interruption Claims Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Proposed Legislation in New York Requiring Insurers to Cover Business Interruption Claims
- DFS Issues Letter Directing All Insurance Carriers to Issue “Explanation of Benefits” to Insureds with Business Interruption Coverage
- In Uniondale, A Law Firm Adds Practice Group
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C. Establishes Insurance & Insurance Litigation Practice Group, With Michael D. Brown to Chair
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C. Sponsors Program At New York International Arbitration Center Honoring Justice Scarpulla
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek’s Ross Kartez Vice-Chair, New York State Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section
- MLMIC Demutualization Plan Will Yield Substantial Cash Distributions To Eligible Policyholders:
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C. Appoints Two New Litigation Attorneys
Ross J. Kartez’ practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation in matters involving breach of contract claims, insurance coverage issues, real estate disputes, lender recourse, secured claims, enforcing guarantees, securities matters, shareholder and partnership claims, business torts, employment disputes, alternative dispute resolution and other business-related issues.
A large portion of Ross’ practice involves claims related to professional liability, and errors and omissions. This includes defending and pursuing claims against attorneys, stockbrokers, broker-dealers, investment advisors, accountants, architects, engineers, directors, officers, insurance agents/brokers, and members of the real estate industry. Ross regularly advises insurers, insureds, policyholders, and other parties related to claims and defenses in complex insurance coverage and other insurance-related matters.
Ross’ recognition as a leader in the alternative dispute resolution field resulted in his invitation to join the American Arbitration Association’s prestigious Panel of Commercial Arbitrators. Ross joined the AAA’s highly-regarded Panel as one of the youngest arbitrators in the country. Ross is the Vice Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Section, a group of over 1,500 attorneys focused on the study and promotion of methods to efficiently resolve complex disputes. Ross regularly lectures on the importance of utilizing strategic and creative approaches to resolving disputes. While at St. John’s University School of Law, Ross served as an executive board member of the Dispute Resolution Society and participated in the prestigious International Chamber of Commerce Mediation Competition in Paris, France, as well as the FINRA Securities Dispute Triathlon in New York City. While in law school, he gained experience representing clients as an intern for the St. John’s University Securities Arbitration Clinic.
Ross’ success as a lawyer has led to his inclusion in the Long Island Business News’ 40 Under 40 List and the Long Island Herald’s Inaugural Top Lawyers of Long Island. Ross was only one of two litigation attorneys named a Top Lawyer of Long Island.
Ross represents clients in Federal Court, State Court, and all arbitration forums (including AAA, JAMS, FINRA, ICC, CPR, and NAM). Ross is admitted to practice law in the State of New York, the State of New Jersey, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern, and Western Districts of New York. He is a member of the NYSBA’s Dispute Resolution Section, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section, and International Section. He has been published in the Dispute Resolution Lawyer, and currently serves on the Executive Committee of both the Dispute Resolution Section and the International Section.
Back to Directory Print