- University of Maryland (B.A., 2000)
- Hofstra School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- Practice Areas
- To Pay or Not to Pay: Issues Concerning the Payment of Rent During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- In Uniondale, A Law Firm Adds Practice Group
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C. Establishes Insurance & Insurance Litigation Practice Group, With Michael D. Brown to Chair
- Fifteen Ruskin Moscou Faltischek Attorneys Named As New York Metropolitan Area Super Lawyers for 2019
- New Sexual Harassment Laws Affecting New York State Employers
- The Importance of Sufficiently Alleging Demand Futility in Derivative Lawsuits
- Sixteen Ruskin Moscou Faltischek Attorneys Named as New York Metropolitan Area Super Lawyers for 2017
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C. Appoints Two New Litigation Attorneys
Michael Schoenberg is Of Counsel to Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C. where he is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. Michael has substantial experience in both the federal and state courts, as well as before various arbitration and mediation forums, representing and counseling individuals and companies across many industries on a variety of complex commercial litigation issues, including shareholder/member disputes, dissolutions, business torts, trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition disputes, real estate disputes, and employment discrimination. Michael’s practice also includes litigating and advising Insurers, Insureds, and Policyholders on claims and defenses involving complex insurance coverage matters, including claims relating to professional liability, and errors and omissions.
Michael received his J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law in 2003, graduating Magna Cum Laude, where he was an editor of the Hofstra Law Review. Before attending law school, Michael attended the University of Maryland-College Park where he graduated in 2000 with a double major degree in Psychology and Criminology- Criminal Justice. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was as an associate at King & Spalding, LLP and then Of Counsel to Farrell Fritz, P.C.
Michael serves a member of the Board of Trustees of the LI Chapter of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, as well as the Governing Board of L.I. Against Domestic Violence. In 2015, Michael was named as a Nassau County Bar Association Access to Justice Champion for his pro bono work.
Michael has been named repeatedly as a New York Metro Super Lawyer, Rising Star and he holds an AV-Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating.
- A Primer for Service of Process Upon Foreign Entities Under FRCP 4 (Nassau Lawyer, 2014, Vol. 64)
- Supremes Define “Supervisor” Under Title VII (Nassau Lawyer, Jan. 2014, Vol. 63)
- How Much (or Little) is Enough? Notice of Cross-Motions Under CPLR 2215 (Nassau Lawyer, Nov. 2013, Vol. 63)
- Unreasonable Reliance: Fiduciary Duty after the Court of Appeals’ Pappas Decision (Nassau Lawyer, Apr. 2013, Vol. 62)
- Off-the-Record Communications with Counsel During a Deposition Recess Discoverable? (NYLitigator, Winter 2009, Vol. 14)
- Outside Counsel: The Beat of Business Divorce Litigation Continued in 2008 (NYLJ, March 2009, Vol. 241)
Back to Directory Print