- Fordham Law School (J.D., 1992)
- Queens College, CUNY (B.A., 1989, magna cum laude)
- Practice Areas
- Important Changes to the Payroll Protection Program
- Important First Steps After Data Privacy Breach
- RMF Attorneys Present Webinar Program on Telemental Health to the Association of Mental Health And Wellness
- Health Care Practitioners Surviving Economic Effects of COVID-19
- Important New Guidance for Home Health Agencies
- Practicing Good Cyber-Hygiene
- Effective November 4, 2019: CMS Expands its Arsenal Against Providers
- Regulatory Gap: Cybersecurity at K-12 Schools
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C. Forms Not- For- Profit Practice Group
- Everything Old is New Again: Physician Hospital Integration
- Shades Of Watergate
Leora Ardizzone serves as of counsel to Ruskin Moscou Faltischek P.C. where she is a member of the firm’s Health Law Regulatory and Transactional Department, Corporate & Securities Department, and Cybersecurity Group.
From 1998–2008 Leora was a member of the firm’s Healthcare Practice representing hospitals, HMOs, nursing homes, home care agencies, MSOs, multispecialty physician groups and physicians in a wide variety of transactional and regulatory matters. From 2008 to 2010, she served as senior associate counsel to the Catholic Health System of Long Island, which is made up of six hospitals, three nursing homes, a hospice and home care agency, where she was responsible for advising senior management on legal and regulatory matters ranging from finance and electronic health records, but with a focus on physician integration. She also served on the Legal Compliance Committee of a Long Island region health information exchange.
When she returned to the firm in 2010, she rejoined the Healthcare Practice. Her practice continues to focus on healthcare, and she represents hospitals, physician practice groups, practice management companies and other organizations engaged in healthcare delivery. Leora handles a wide variety of business and transactional matters and has successfully negotiated complex transactions with multiple parties and requiring governmental consent. An adviser to healthcare clients in a variety of general corporate matters including formation or dissolution of professional entities, employment matters, financing, and acquisition and sale of professional practices, she also counsels healthcare clients with respect to compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, as well as defending clients facing payor audits, privileging and professional conduct investigations and hearings.
As a member of the Corporate & Securities Department, Leora represents clients in mergers and acquisitions and board and corporate governance matters. Leora’s cyber practice focuses on a broad range of aspects relating to cybersecurity and data privacy including advising health care institutions relating to HIPAA and HITECH compliance, providing gap analyses of administrative safeguards, as well as providing legal management to client cybersecurity incident/breach response teams.
Leora has lectured and written about a variety of matters affecting the health care industry and has been a member of a number of not for profit boards of directors.
Back to Directory Print