- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude,1989)
- Practice Areas
- Thirty-One Ruskin Moscou Faltischek Attorneys Named As New York Metropolitan Area Super Lawyers For 2022
- LIBN’s Who’s Who in Intellectual Property and Labor Law – David A. Robins
- Twenty-Five Ruskin Moscou Faltischek Attorneys Named As New York Metropolitan Area Super Lawyers For 2021
- David A. Robins – Who’s Who 2021 In Intellectual Property & Labor Law
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C. Welcomes David A. Robins To The Firm
David A. Robins is a Partner at Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C. and a member of the Employment Practice Group and Litigation Department.
David’s practice focuses on wage and hour and employment law counseling and litigation. His clients include a wide variety of employers, such as insurance and mortgage companies, hospitality industry, restaurants, food production, hedge funds, tech startups, high net worth family businesses, health care, doctors, medical practices, medical equipment and home health care services, supermarkets, freight and logistics, advertising, billboards, displays and signs, beverages, digital solutions, tree, roofing, construction and landscape, garment industry, gyms and fitness centers, furniture moving, building services and real property management, merchant funding, trucking, containers and storage, engineering, media tracking, parking garages, security guards, car washes, manufacturers in varied industries such as air, space, and military electronics, parts and supplies.
David represents clients in all forums, including federal, state and local courts, mediations, arbitrations, and administrative agencies such as USDOL, NYSDOL, EEOC, SDHR, CCHR, DCA and Comptroller’s Office.
David has extensive litigation experience in wage and hour, hybrid collective/class actions, multi-company and multi-location class actions, restrictive covenants, sexual harassment, employment discrimi¬nation, retaliation and matters involving FLSA, NYLL, Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, WARN, FCRA, ERISA, NYSHRL, NYCHRL, ESSTA and commercial litigation for clients. He has led company self-audits, DOL audits, union fund audits, prevailing wage matter audits and liti¬gation, NYLL wage order and FLSA regulations and exemption interpretations.
David is a trusted advisor to clients on compliance with employment laws, employment hand¬book drafting, employment applications, disciplinary and separation issues, harassment prevention training and other HR matters. He drafts and negotiates executive compensation, C-level employment contracts, severance agreements, commission agreements and restrictive covenant agreements.
David regularly guest lecturers at NYIT to HR professionals and graduate students. David is admitted to practice before the courts of the State of New York as well as the Federal Courts of the Southern and Eastern District of New York. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
David co-authored a sexual harassment article for the New York Law Journal, Court’s Harassment Rulings Provide Ammunition for Both Sides. David was also a former contributing editor, treatise, Estimating and Proving Damages in Employment Cases.
· Obtained TRO for space and defense industry employer against departing VP of Sales.
· Successfully defended order to show cause/TRO for IT services industry client’s nascent business and sales staff.
· Defended class action representing chain of 17 nationally known restaurants and obtained multi¬million-dollar reduction in USDOL litigation demand.
· Defended class/collective action representing 21 Asian bakery locations and holding companies in 3 states.
· Routinely negotiate significant reductions or dismissals in state and federal wage audits.
Back to Directory Print