Dan Shapiro is a partner at Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C. and a member of firm’s Commercial Litigation Department.
Dan Shapiro focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, with specific attention to partnership-related business disputes. The matters he handles regularly involve disputes between feuding business partners, shareholders, limited liability members and other contracting parties. He has handled several commercial cases from inception up through and including trial, as well as on appeal. Dan also advises corporate clients on employment matters, financial matters and issues of corporate governance.
In addition to representing clients who operate in the private sphere, Dan has represented municipalities in both federal and state court litigation. There, he has successfully defended local laws facing constitutional challenge and has helped dispose of several cases brought against municipal employees and public officers.
Dan prides himself on finding creative ways to resolve disputes for his clients before litigation proves inevitable but when a lawsuit cannot be avoided, that creativity translates into effective advocacy both inside and outside the courtroom.
Prior to joining Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C., Dan was a partner at a prominent Long Island law firm. While there, he also served as a member of that firm’s management committee.
NOTABLE PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- The Tension between the Affordable Care Act and EMTALA and its Potential Legal Implications, NYSBA Health Law Journal, (Spring/Summer 2015 ed., Vol. 20, No. 2);
- Defending Against Hostile Work Environment Claims in the Digital Age, NY Law Journal, (May 6, 2015 print ed.)
- Lawyers’ Obligations Under HIPAA, The Nassau Lawyer, Nassau Lawyer (June 2014 print ed.)
- Best Practices for Winning Your Case Before Trial, NYSBA Annual Meeting, Jan. 24, 2017, Speaking Panelist
- How to Survive and Thrive as a Litigation Associate, NYSBA Young Lawyers, Feb. 21, 2018, Speaking Panelist
Back to Directory Print