Prominent Long Island Law Firm seeks an Accounts Payable Specialist to handle full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Verify and enter into the accounting system each invoice and reimbursement request and ensure the proper supporting documentation, coding, approval(s) and amount
- Process payments
- Prepare positive pay files
- Set up and maintain vendors in the accounting system
- Reconcile vendor balances
- Process monthly credit card statements
- Respond to all vendor or internal inquiries and research to resolve concerns or discrepancies
- Administration of Firm’s petty cash.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports
- Prepare data for annual 1099 reporting
- Assists with other department activities as needed
- 3-5 years of recent accounts payable experience is required
- Must be detail-oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Law firm experience is a plus
- Experience with automated accounting systems; Aderant a plus
- Working knowledge of Excel required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and research necessary information
- Ability to work overtime, if necessary
Job Type: Full-time
Back to Career Opportunities Print